Adding Minutes and Hours
Add Minutes and Hours: Learn
How to add minutes and hours:
- Add the hours together.
- Add the minutes together.
- If the number of minutes is 60 or more, regroup the minutes into hours:
- Subtract 60 from the minutes.
- Add 1 to the hours.
- Repeat until the minutes are less than 60.
Example: Add 4 hours 21 minutes plus 2 hours 47 minutes:
- 4 + 2 = 6 hours
- 21 + 47 = 68 minutes
- Since 68 is 60 or more, regroup the minutes into hours:
- 68 - 60 = 8 minutes
- 6 + 1 = 7 hours
- Since the minutes are now less than 60, we are done.
- Final answer: 7 hours 8 minutes
Add Hours and Minutes: Practice
hours and minutes
Press the Start Button To Begin
This is 0 percent correct.
|Game Name||Description||Best Score|
|How many correct answers can you get in 60 seconds?||0|
Extra time is awarded for each correct answer.
Play longer by getting more correct.
|How fast can you get 20 more correct answers than wrong answers?||999|
Math Lessons by Grade
- Estimation and Mental Math
- Naming Numbers
- Percents and Ratios
- Place Value