Statistical Mode: Learn
The statistical mode is the number that occurs most frequently in a set of numbers.
It is a common measure of central tendency, along with median and mean.
To find the mode of a group of numbers:
- Arrange the numbers in order by size.
- Determine the number of instances of each numerical value.
- The numerical value that has the most instances is the mode.
- There may be more than one mode when two or more numbers have an equal number of instances.
- A mode does not exist if no number has more than one instance.
The mode of the numbers 1, 2, 6, 6, 7 and 9 is 6
There is no mode of the numbers 1, 2, 6, 7 and 9.
The mode of the numbers 1, 2, 2, 6, 6, 7 and 9 is 6 and 2
Statistical Mode: Practice
Find the mode.
Press the Start Button To Begin
This is 0 percent correct.
|Game Name||Description||Best Score|
|How many correct answers can you get in 60 seconds?||0|
Extra time is awarded for each correct answer.
Play longer by getting more correct.
|How fast can you get 20 more correct answers than wrong answers?||999|
Math Lessons by Grade
- Estimation and Mental Math
- Naming Numbers
- Percents and Ratios
- Place Value