Rounding Numbers to Ten Thousands
Rounding Numbers: Learn
- Rounding makes numbers that are easier to work with in your head.
- Rounded numbers are only approximate.
- An exact answer can not be obtained with these numbers.
- Sometimes an exact answer is not required.
How to round numbers
- To round numbers to the nearest ten thousand, make the numbers whose last four digits are 0001 through 4999 into the next lower number that ends in 0000. For example 54,424 rounded to the nearest ten thousand would be 50,000.
- Numbers that have the last four digits of 5000 or more should be rounded up to the next even ten thousand. The number 78,988 rounded to the nearest ten thousand would be 80,000.
Rounding Numbers: Practice
Round to the nearest ten-thousand.
Press the Start Button To Begin
This is 0 percent correct.
|Game Name||Description||Best Score|
|How many correct answers can you get in 60 seconds?||0|
Extra time is awarded for each correct answer.
Play longer by getting more correct.
|How fast can you get 20 more correct answers than wrong answers?||999|
Math Lessons by Grade
- Estimation and Mental Math
- Naming Numbers
- Percents and Ratios
- Place Value