Adding Feet and Inches
Add Feet and Inches: Learn
Since there are 12 inches in a foot, this is how to add feet and inches:
- Add the inches together.
- Add the feet together.
- If the number of inches is 12 or more, regroup the inches into feet:
- Divide the inches by 12.
- Add the quotient to the number of feet.
- The remainder is the number of extra inches.
Example: Add 5 feet 8 inches plus 3 feet 10 inches:
- 8 + 10 = 18 inches
- 5 + 3 = 8 feet
Since 18 is 12 or more, regroup the inches into feet:
18 ÷ 12 = 1 foot 6 inches
- Final answer: 9 feet 6 inches
Add Feet and Inches: Practice
feet and inches
Press the Start Button To Begin
This is 0 percent correct.
|Game Name||Description||Best Score|
|How many correct answers can you get in 60 seconds?||0|
Extra time is awarded for each correct answer.
Play longer by getting more correct.
|How fast can you get 20 more correct answers than wrong answers?||999|
Math Lessons by Grade
- Estimation and Mental Math
- Naming Numbers
- Percents and Ratios
- Place Value