Divide Mixed Numbers
Divide Mixed Numbers: Learn
Mixed numbers consist of an integer followed by a fraction. To Divide Mixed Numbers:
- Convert each mixed number to an improper fraction.
- Invert the divisor (take its reciprocal).
- Multiply the two numerators together.
- Multiply the two denominators together.
- Convert the result back to a mixed number if it is an improper fraction.
- Simplify the result.
Example: 6 2/8 ÷ 3 5/9
That last step can be tough, simplifying a fraction with big numbers. To keep the numbers small and easy to work with, you can cancel factors just before multiplying.
In the example above, that would mean canceling a factor of 2 out of both the 50 and the 32 just before multiplying.
Divide Mixed Numbers: Practice
Find the quotient.
Press the Start Button To Begin
This is 0 percent correct.
|Game Name||Description||Best Score|
|How many correct answers can you get in 60 seconds?||0|
Extra time is awarded for each correct answer.
Play longer by getting more correct.
|How fast can you get 20 more correct answers than wrong answers?||999|
Math Lessons by Grade
- Estimation and Mental Math
- Naming Numbers
- Percents and Ratios
- Place Value