Division Terms: Learn
There are four terms which describe the four numbers in a division problem:
- The dividend is the number that is being divided.
- The divisor is the number that the dividend will be divided by.
- The quotient is the number of times the divisor will go into the dividend.
- The remainder is a number that is less than the divisor and is too small to be divided by the divisor to form a whole number.
A division problem may be written horizontally such as
49474 / 7 = 7067 R 5.
Alternatively, it could be written vertically as:
In both cases, the terms are as follows:
- 7 is the divisor
- 49474 is the dividend
- 7067 is the quotient
- 5 is the remainder
Division Terms: Practice
Choose the correct term.
is the same as ->
What is the number called?
Press the Start Button To Begin
This is 0 percent correct.
|Game Name||Description||Best Score|
|How many correct answers can you get in 60 seconds?||0|
Extra time is awarded for each correct answer.
Play longer by getting more correct.
|How fast can you get 20 more correct answers than wrong answers?||999|
Math Lessons by Grade
- Estimation and Mental Math
- Naming Numbers
- Percents and Ratios
- Place Value