Add With Mental Math
Add with Mental Math: Learn
How to mentally add two two-digit numbers:
Example: Add 84 and 35
- First add the two ones' place digits (4 + 5 = 9)
- Next add the two tens' place digits (8 + 3 = 11)
- The sum of the ones' place digits is less than ten so the answer is 119
Example: Add 94 and 67
- First add the two ones' place digits (4 + 7 = 11)
- Next add the two tens' place digits (9 + 6 = 15)
- The sum of the ones' place digits is a two-digit number so...
- decrease the ones' place sum by 10 (11 - 10 = 1)
- increase the tens' place sum by 1 (15 + 1 = 16)
- Combine the tens' and ones' place sums to give the answer of 161
Add with Mental Math: Practice
What is the Sum of the two Numbers?
Press the Start Button To Begin
This is 0 percent correct.
|Game Name||Description||Best Score|
|How many correct answers can you get in 60 seconds?||0|
Extra time is awarded for each correct answer.
Play longer by getting more correct.
|How fast can you get 20 more correct answers than wrong answers?||999|
Math Lessons by Grade
- Estimation and Mental Math
- Naming Numbers
- Percents and Ratios
- Place Value