- Use normal measurement devices to determine liquid volume, weight and length. Determine area from length measurements.
- Measure angles with a protractor to the nearest degree. Learn to estimate the number of degrees in an angle and check the estimate with a protractor.
- Describe the similarities and differences of plane and solid geometric figures.
- Determine if segments, angles and polygons are congruent or not.
- Use a compass and straight edge to construct the perpendicular bisector of a line segment and construct an angle bisector.
- Draw, make models and classify solid geometric figures such as cylinders, cones, triangular prisms, rectangular prisms and pyramids.
- Collect and graphically display data by using line, bar and circle graphs, stem-and-leaf and box-and-whisker plots.
- Determine and extend numeric and geometric patterns.
- Determine and describe exponents, perfect squares and square roots. Learn to work with zero exponents and negative exponents.
Math Lessons by Grade
Spelling Lessons by Grade
Vocabulary Lessons by Grade