Subtract Days and Hours
Subtract Days and Hours: Learn
How to subtract days and hours:
If the number of hours being subtracted is larger than the original hours,
you must borrow some hours from the days:
- Subtract 1 from the original number of days.
- Increase the number of original hours by 24.
- Subtract the hours.
- Subtract the days.
Example: What is 4 days 1 hour minus 2 days 6 hours?
Since 6 hours is more than 1 hour, we must borrow some hours:
- Subtract 1 from the original days: 4 days - 1 day = 3 days
- Add 24 to the original hours: 1 hour + 24 hours = 25 hours
- Subtract the hours: 25 hours - 6 hours = 19 hours
- Subtact the days: 3 days - 2 days = 1 day
- Final answer: 1 day 19 hours
Subtract Days and Hours: Practice
days and hours
Press the Start Button To Begin
This is 0 percent correct.
|Game Name||Description||Best Score|
|How many correct answers can you get in 60 seconds?||0|
Extra time is awarded for each correct answer.
Play longer by getting more correct.
|How fast can you get 20 more correct answers than wrong answers?||999|
Math Lessons by Grade
- Estimation and Mental Math
- Naming Numbers
- Percents and Ratios
- Place Value