Front-End Estimation of Differences
Front-End Estimation: Learn
Front end estimation mostly produces a closer estimate of sums or differences than the answer produced by adding or subtracting rounded numbers.
How to Estimate a difference by Front-End Estimation:
- Subtract the digits of the two highest place values
- Insert zeros for the other place values
- Subtract 7396 - 3745 by estimating them as 7300 - 3700 = 3600.
- Subtract 5196 - 745 by estimating them as 5100 - 700 = 4400.
Subtract with Front-End Estimation: Practice
Estimate the difference using Front-End Estimation
- is about
Press the Start Button To Begin
This is 0 percent correct.
|Game Name||Description||Best Score|
|How many correct answers can you get in 60 seconds?||0|
Extra time is awarded for each correct answer.
Play longer by getting more correct.
|How fast can you get 20 more correct answers than wrong answers?||999|
Math Lessons by Grade
- Estimation and Mental Math
- Naming Numbers
- Percents and Ratios
- Place Value