Multiply Pounds and Ounces
Multiply Pounds and Ounces: Learn
Since there are 16 ounces in a pound, this is how to multiply pounds and ounces:
- Convert pounds-and-ounces amounts to ounces only. To do so, multiply the pounds by 16 and add the ounces.
- Convert the ounces back to pounds and ounces by dividing by 16.
- The quotient is the number of pounds and the remainder is the number of ounces.
Example: Multiply 5 pounds 6 ounces times 4:
- 5*16+6 = 86 ounces
- 86*4 = 344 ounces
- 344÷16 = 21R8
- Final answer: 21 pounds 8 ounces
Multiply Pounds and Ounces: Practice
Press the Start Button To Begin
This is 0 percent correct.
|Game Name||Description||Best Score|
|How many correct answers can you get in 60 seconds?||0|
Extra time is awarded for each correct answer.
Play longer by getting more correct.
|How fast can you get 20 more correct answers than wrong answers?||999|
Math Lessons by Grade
- Estimation and Mental Math
- Naming Numbers
- Percents and Ratios
- Place Value