Divide Feet and Inches
Divide Feet and Inches: Learn
Since there are 12 inches in a foot, this is how to divide feet and inches:
- Convert feet-and-inches amounts to inches only. To do so, multiply the feet by 16 and add the inches.
- Convert the inches back to feet and inches by dividing by 16.
- The quotient is the number of feet and the remainder is the number of inches.
Example: Divide 10 feet 0 inches by 4:
- 10*12+0 = 120 inches
- 120÷4 = 30 inches
- 30÷12 = 2R6
- Final answer: 2 feet 6 inches
Divide Feet and Inches: Practice
Press the Start Button To Begin
This is 0 percent correct.
|Game Name||Description||Best Score|
|How many correct answers can you get in 60 seconds?||0|
Extra time is awarded for each correct answer.
Play longer by getting more correct.
|How fast can you get 20 more correct answers than wrong answers?||999|
Math Lessons by Grade
- Estimation and Mental Math
- Naming Numbers
- Percents and Ratios
- Place Value