Adding Dollars, Dimes and Pennies
Adding Coins: Learn
A penny is worth 1 cent, a dime is worth 10 cents and a dollar is worth 100 cents.
How to add Dollars, Dimes, and Pennies:
- Count by hundreds the number of dollars to find the number of cents the dollars are worth
- Then, count up by tens for the number of dimes.
- Add the number of pennies last.
Example:How many cents are 7 dollars, 4 dimes and 3 pennies worth?
- Count by hundreds seven times for the seven dollars 100, 200, 300, 400, 500, 600, 700
- Count by tens for the 4 dimes: 710, 720, 730, 740
- Count by ones for the 3 pennies: 741, 742, 743
- Answer: 7 dollars, 4 dimes and 3 pennies are worth 743 cents
- 743 cents is the same as $7.43 since there are 100 cents per dollar
Adding Coins: Practice
Find the sum of the coins.
dollars, dimes, and pennies
Press the Start Button To Begin
This is 0 percent correct.
|Game Name||Description||Best Score|
|How many correct answers can you get in 60 seconds?||0|
Extra time is awarded for each correct answer.
Play longer by getting more correct.
|How fast can you get 20 more correct answers than wrong answers?||999|
Math Lessons by Grade
- Estimation and Mental Math
- Naming Numbers
- Percents and Ratios
- Place Value