Front-End Estimation of Sums
Front-End Estimation: Learn
Front end estimation mostly produces a closer estimate of sums or differences than the answer produced by adding or subtracting rounded numbers.
How to Estimate a sum by Front-End Estimation:
- Add the digits of the two highest place values
- Insert zeros for the other place values
- Add 4496 + 3745 by estimating them as 4400 + 3700 = 8100.
- Add 4496 + 745 by estimating them as 4400 + 700 = 5100.
Add with Front-End Estimation: Practice
Estimate the sum using Front-End Estimation
+ is about
Press the Start Button To Begin
This is 0 percent correct.
|Game Name||Description||Best Score|
|How many correct answers can you get in 60 seconds?||0|
Extra time is awarded for each correct answer.
Play longer by getting more correct.
|How fast can you get 20 more correct answers than wrong answers?||999|
Math Lessons by Grade
- Estimation and Mental Math
- Naming Numbers
- Percents and Ratios
- Place Value