- Use proportions and scale drawings to solve practical problems using whole numbers, fractions, decimals and percents.
- Determine the area of polygons whose dimensions are given by dividing them into rectangles and right triangles.
- Characterize quadrilaterals including parallelogram, rectangle, square, rhombus and trapezoid.
- Draw regular pentagons hexagons, heptagons, nonagons and decagons.
- Determine if triangles and quadrilaterals are similar. Describe the relationship between parts of similar figures by using proportions.
- Inscribe equilateral triangles, squares and hexagons in a circle using a compass and straightedge.
- Use a tree diagram and the basic counting principle to identify the number of possible outcomes of a series of events.
- Create frequency distributions, line plots, stem-and-leaf plots, box-and-whisker plots and scattergrams.
- Make inferences and predictions based on the analysis of collected data.
- Understand the algebraic terms: expression, equation, inequality, coefficient, variable, term, domain and range.
- Graph ordered pairs in the four quadrants of a coordinate plane. Describe the location of points on a coordinate plane by using ordered pairs.
Math Lessons by Grade
Spelling Lessons by Grade
Vocabulary Lessons by Grade